JESS ALLEN, LCSW, A-CBT
Jess Allen, LCSW, A-CBT
I can help you with:
- Relationship concerns
- Control issues
- Feeling unmotivated
- Social anxiety
- Racing thoughts
- Feeling hopeless
- Identity issues
- Tolerating stress
- Sexual orientation issues
- Life transitions
- Couple-related issues
- Adolescents and youth
- Young adults
- LGBTQ individuals
Jess is the clinical director of Collaborative CBT. She created the practice to provide evidence-based psychotherapy and to supervise other clinicians who have the same values and mission.
She is a passionate therapist who is committed to working with you to create the lasting change you are looking for. She works to make sure that you feel comfortable and understood during your sessions. Her approach is active, empathetic and transparent, focusing on collaboratively assisting you to change thinking patterns and behaviors leading you to a happier, more satisfying life.
Jess holds a Master’s of Science in Social Work degree from Columbia University and is a NYS LCSW.
Upon completing the intensive certification process through the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, Jess became a certified cognitive therapist and Diplomate. She has done post-graduate training in CBT at the world-renowned Beck Institute of Cognitive Therapy as well as studied Transformative Chairwork with Scott Kellogg, PhD, and Trial Based Cognitive Therapy (TBCT) with Irismar Reis de Oliveira, MD, PhD.
After close supervision and evaluation, Jess became one of a few clinicians to be certified as a Trial-Based Cognitive Therapist. She has also taken additional post-graduate training in OCD and mindfulness.
Prior to starting Collaborative CBT, Jess provided direct services in a group private practice for over three years, focusing on depression, anxiety, and OCD.
Her past work also includes a variety of settings like school-based services both in a NYC public high school and an after-school program designated for LGBTQ youth. She has worked in a community mental health clinic that addressed the needs of individuals living with HIV. Jess has helped clients overcome struggles around substance abuse, anxiety, depression, relationship problems, family issues, and identity formulation.
In addition to Jess’s clinical work with clients, she has also served as a clinical supervisor/field instructor. She oversaw the clinical and administrative work of an MSW intern and provides supervision and training in CBT and TBCT. Jess also has been a facilitator for the graduate course, “Cognitive Behavioral Treatments” at Boston University where she teaches students the art of CBT.
BOOK A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION
let's find out if we're a good fit.
» Education & Post-Graduate Training
- The Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy: Workshop in Depression and Suicidality, with Judith Beck, PhD
- NJ-ACT’s Master Lecture “Health Anxiety and Health OCD” workshop with Dr. Jonathan Abramowitz
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy: Concepts and Skills for Clinical Practice Workshop with Dr. Reji Mathew
- Anxiety and Depression of America Association workshops
- “Integrating Mindfulness into your practice” workshop by Scott Woodruff, PhD at the American Institute for Cognitive Therapy
- Trial Based Cognitive Therapy (TBCT) workshop & supervision with creator Dr. Irismar Reis De Oliveira, MD, PhD
- Columbia University School of Social Work; MSSW in Advanced Clinical Practice, Summa Cum Laude
- Tulane University, BS Psychology, Summa Cum Laude
» Licenses and Certifications
- NYS Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Certified Trial Based Cognitive Therapist (TBCT)
- Certified Cognitive Therapist, Diplomate of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT)
- Member: The National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Member: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Member: Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT)
Ask us anything — wherever you are in the therapy process, we’re here to listen!